Sunday, May 06, 2007

Dear Anson:

I took the liberty to cc: all my LCMS alumni contacts (overseas and HK) in this reply. I am sure they will be delighted to hear from other alumni and current students in our beloved school. In the past year, for the USA east coast, primarily New York, New Jersey and Washington DC area, we established a good local network. Just couple days ago, the Chan sisters/NYC hosted a dinner for an alumni visiting USA from HK.

I have not updated the overseas alumni site for a while. Your e-mail energized me to keep up with the web. Let us discussed how to cross link our web sites and share ideas to support each other. Ultimately, by working together we can reach out to more alumni and bring unity and strength to the alumni body.

One idea to ponder - overseas alumni is a very useful resource for any LCMS students who plan to study overseas. We can share with them our experiences, provide career and academic advises or simply a big brother and sister for them to seek help from.

When I first immigrated to USA to study in 1975, it was quite terrifying to me as stranger in a strange land. Language barriers, culture difference and daily routines (e.g finding the bus routes or a decent Asian grocery stores) can be a daunting tasks. Alumni network will be a great support group for our young LCMS who study overseas.

Thanks for the 2 blogs info in your letter. I know there is another blog (麗澤忠社) with URL: http://laichack1975.blogspot.com/

..... devoted to a group to Alumni from 1970 to 1975 with lots of chat traffic.

Again, I look forward to working with you to expand our alumni network!!

-Willie Wong
-5-2007
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home